- Index page with recent astrophotos
- Leeuwenboschfontein weekend starparty 2016 Mar 4-6
- Events observed by me from 2003 latest: Mercury transit 2016 May 9
- Page with sky pictures with the EOS 6
- Lunar and planetary images and phenomenas
- Page with sky pictures with the EOS 40 from Bali jan 2009, feb 2010 and 2012
- Page with sky pictures from La Palma Jan / Feb 2011
- Total lunar eclipse of 2011 Jun 15
- > Solar eclipse visible as deep partial in Indonesia on 2009 Jan 26
- Old 1973 Polarex 80mm spotting scope refurbishment.
- New 2015 Robtics ED110 refractor
- Using a telephoto lens as a small handheld telescope
- Nice sky pictures taken from a plane in full flight
- How to see stars in the daytime ?
- How I learned Astronomy
- Astronomik CLS filter test
- Simple Eclipse calculations
My Solar Eclipse observation from Indonesia
On January 26, 2009 there was an annular solar eclipse visble from the southern Indian Ocean and Indonesia which was visible as partial in Gili Trawangan, a small island just northwest of Lombok. I was there at that time and the eclipse was up till 77% and well visible.
The area of visibility is shown on the NASA site. I used the Tamron 18-250mm zoom lens mounted on a Canon EOS 40 with a dark green arc welding filter.